Buy a well-fitted suit.
- Although a suit can be pricey, think of it as an investment in your future.
Polish up your resume.
- Get your resume and cover letter critiqued.
In this currently tight employment market, active networking is even more important. Sign up on
LinkedIn for a professional online networking presence.
Attend local career fairs.
- Many community chamber of commerce and business organizations offer job fairs.
Research and apply to graduate school.
- Note important deadlines and admission requirements.
Take the GREs, LSATs, MCATs, GMATs, etc.
- These tests may be needed for entry into graduate school.
Gather your reference information.
- Collect letters of recommendation from professors and previous bosses.
Start your job search early.
- It's important to use many strategies in your job search because only 15 to 20 percent of all job openings are posted online.
Consider an internship after graduation.
- Some industries will hire graduates for internships in the first six months after graduation.
Learn how to use LinkedIn